Monday, March 2, 2009

Vince ShamWow and Mighty Muggs.


I'll add some photos for your viewing pleasure. 
For those who don't know, Vince is the man from the ShamWow commercials, and just when I thought nobody could de-throne king of the infomercial Billy Mays this skinny dude came along. Now, where do I stand on this matter? Billy has been around for years, bringing us many classics such as OxyClean, he is indeed an old favorite. While he not as loud and crazy as Vince ShamWow, yeah I am pretty sure that is what his birth certificate actually says, he can still sell the most ridiculous items.
So Vince Vs. Billy? Who wins? Today this competition goes to the new kid on the block Vince ShamWow, only because he said 'bikini' in one of his commercials I unfortunately saw today. Sometimes I wish I didn't have television. But then I couldn't watch Jeopardy! or National Geographic...educational television!!!
Now on to something slightly more appealing, Mighty Muggs. All of the nerds out their probably know what they are. I'll give you a description...they're these little plastic guys that are made from 100% recycled awesome, whether they are actually recycled or not I don't know. Anyways, they come in various comic/movie/geek personalities. I have Darth Maul, and a few others...The best part about these bad boys is you can get a plain black or plain white mighty mugg and create your own, or just spray a primer on an extra one if you'd rather not order a blank online. The possibilities are endless. Sure it may end up looking awful but who cares, it is your little masterpiece! 
Conclusion, I am starting to design my first two. Hopefully they look good, it will probably take a few tries. I will primer paint and shine these babies and carefully place them in their custom made box, which I'll design, take a photo for my portfolio... Then I will mail them off to their future owners. And you don't know them. When I am working on them I'll post some photos of the process and finished product. 
Here are some examples of the kinds you can pick up at local toy stores...
I happen to own quite a few...not Venom, but I want him...
Alrighty, now some custom work
Start with the blank black or white.
Then create Master Chief...
Or
A Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.

That must really take some hard work and skill...

No comments:

Post a Comment