Thursday, January 22, 2009

Living in a material world and I am a material girl

Madonna should've stopped in the 80's. I saw some photos of her 'Hard Candy' album shoot. BEFORE they were photoshopped, and needless to say it was gross. How old is she now? Too old, that's the answer. I guess she just loves performing that she just can't seem to stop, I understand. But it is still a bit creepy.

In other news, I was listening to This American Life today, it's one of those podcasts that make me feel better about how I view life. For some reason. It was interesting to listen to, so download it on iTunes. Please.

We (my sister myself and brother in law) are trying to move out of our apartment. If anyone has ever tried to do that you probably know that it's not easy. Unless it is just our luck and we got stuck with a bunch of morons. One person says put in your notice now and another says do it at the end of the month and then you get this $600 bill to pay that they never told you was coming. My sister and I have a conspiracy theory. Note that she's 19 and her husband is 21, they've been married for a year and a half so they aren't a couple of stupid newlyweds, just in case you were thinking that. The point is, we think that the people at the apartment office believe that they are too stupid to know any better and will just dish out the extra $600. Little do they know the effect of infuriating my sister. We shall see how that goes in a few days. We haven't finished packing yet, turns out we have more stuff than we thought we did. When I move I'm just taking a select few items and then hitting up the nearest IKEA. So I won't have to move all of my stuff. 

Has anyone else heard of cops randomly pulling over suspicious teens and claiming they have a light out or turning signal doesn't work, when they both are in working order and the cop just pulled them over to see if they just happen to be under the influence of something. Ridiculous, but I suppose it can help save lives. Hasn't happened to me, in fact I've never been pulled over. Which is funny because I've definitely ran a red light...once. I just didn't notice that it was still red. Nobody was around thank goodness. 

Alright, for those of you who don't watch The Office, it comes on tonight at 9pm on NBC. I believe tomorrow you can watch the newest episode  (as well as the past few) online at nbc.com/theoffice. Good show. 

Me and my sister leave for Vancouver in 2 weeks. I'm trying to talk her into going to a Canucks game, however neither of us really understand hockey. I do for the most part, I have an ex that loves hockey. I'll try to get into it so we can 'blend in'.

I've tried ice skating before and I am absolutely terrible. But I am pretty spectacular at roller blading. It's a nice skill to have hidden in the depths of mystery that I like to call my abilities. So if I just so happen to have to put some of those suckers on I can surprise everyone.
Like being able to do PreCal and everyone think I am stupid because I complain about math constantly. 

But I am not in college or highschool so that never happens.

I think I want to start a new addition to my blogging. Either a review of some sort or perhaps recipes. 
I love Food Network and I enjoy cooking, so I could just spread some joy.
Then again I love music and movies and books. I'll do it all, mix it up. 

For now you have this.

Pam Beesly:If I have to do this, based on stereotypes that are totally not true and I do not agree with, you would maybe not be a very good driver.
Dwight Schrute:Oh man! Am I a woman?

No comments:

Post a Comment